Anti-Virus Blocking .Exe While converting olm to pst
“Olm to Pst Converter Pro” is a tool that runs smoothly on both Mac and Windows. However, sometimes, with the Windows version, there can be a situation where .exe file is blocked by an antivirus, most of the times by Norton.
If you are also having the similar issue while converting Olm to Pst, here are the simple steps you can follow to resolve it.
Here's an Easy Solution!
- Create a new Folder in Windows desktop. You can name it “Olm to Pst Converter Pro”, although not necessary.
- Open Norton. Go to 'settings' → 'Add to exclusion' → and add the folder you created during step 1.
- Download the tool from the link given below, save the installer file (.exe) in that folder.
- What it does is instruct Norton to exclude any file inside that folder from inspection.
- Once download is finished, run the installer from folder.
Note* – The steps are similar with other antiviruses as well.
Hopefully, this should resolve the issue. If unfortunately, if Norton or other antivirus is still blocking .exe file, you can disable it while you install “Olm to Pst Converter Pro”. Enable it back up after installation is finished.